Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sniffles


Just kidding it wasn't that bad.

I woke up Tuesday morning with a scratchy throat, congested nose, and feeling fatigued. 
I had an last minute audition in K-town that morning. Afterwards, I decided to go to BATTLE with this cold. 



There is a fresh pressed juice store called Real Raw Live in Hollywood. I ordered a concoction of leafy greens, celery, coriander, apple, & lime. When I told them i had a cold they gave me a free shot of ginger juice. It BURNED all the way down. 

My reaction was a combo of this


and
 THIS



However, it took care of my itchy throat.

The soup I made was SPICY! That helped clear my nasal passages. It was made of chicken broth, chicken breast, black beans, coriander, serrano peppers, onions, 1/2 avocado, and hot sauce. 

Normally, I would be eating about 6 times a day. However, this week I have been sleeping in and taking naps every day so I'm not quite as hungry as I am when I'm running around doing stuff.  I managed to get some work outs in, as well. I read that plenty of rest and also exercise boost the immune system. 

Tuesday 
Meal 1

2 pills with water
2 hard boiled eggs

 green juice, shot of ginger juice

Meal 2 

2 pills with water
1 cup of chicken chili soup

Work out Abs/Chest/back
I was still feeling a little sick. So I went half speed. However, I am glad I did it because I felt much better afterwards. 

Protein shake

Meal 3
2 pills with water
1 cup of chicken chili soup 


Wednesday 

Meal 1 
2 pills with water
2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 hard boiled egg, cup of coffee

Meal 2
3 slices of turkey, rye bread, hummus

Meal 3 
2 pills with water
4.5 oz grilled halibut
green beans with mushrooms & sprinkled with almonds

Thursday

Meal 1 

2 pills with water 
2 eggs
1 slice turkey bacon
greek yogurt, raspberries, banana, granola

Meal 2
2 pills with water
1 cup chili chicken soup 

Legs
15 reps 4 sets each

Hamstring curl 1 set @ 60lbs 3 sets @75lbs
Calf raise @60lbs
Leg extension @ 50lbs
20 min cardio

Meal 3
3/4 kids pizza & 8oz Gatorade 

I had a bit of a headache while working out so I cut it short. I had to swing by Target after and I was feeling a bit nauseous, too. Normally, when I get bad headaches like this I eat a bagel and drink a soda to settle my stomach. I was at the check out and they had a concession stand so I got a kids pizza and ate 3/4 of it and drank some gatorade. 

When I got home, I took some headache medicine, drank a bunch of water, and took a nice shower. I felt much better.  

I think the headache was not so much a cold symptom as it is a PMS symptom. I cried watching New Girl yesterday. NEW GIRL! THE MOST HILARIOUS show on television...made me cry.




No comments:

Post a Comment