Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pity Party: Table of One

I felt all the feelings today when I did my weigh in.

I got on the scale and had lost less than only HALF a pound.



I thought there must be some sort of mistake. My scale was broken or maybe I needed to pee more or perhaps my hair-tie weighed like a pound.

I feel as though I have been busting my BUTT for the last few weeks! I have given up fast food, soda, candy, cheese, lattes, most bread, ice cream, and anything fried. AND I have been going to the gym FIVE days a week. Sweating. Grunting. Hurting. Feeling like puking.  So how is it that in the last 2 weeks I have not lost any weight?

I was angry. I was frustrated. I felt like I had given up all these comfort foods and subjected myself to continuous soreness for nothing!  I felt like it was all futile. So for a few hours (as I was sulking) I admit - I gave up.

I drank a pumpkin spiced latte and ate a muy delicious chocolate croissant. Then at a work meeting, I ate a huge slice of pizza and drank a cup of diet coke.

On my way to where I volunteer (as I sat in typical LA freeway traffic) I caught myself.

Cue internal monologue:

I said to myself Okay Rebekah... you seem to be in a bit of a slump. Your weight has relatively plateaued. However, will eating junk food and feeling sorry for yourself solve this problem? NO! Just CALM DOWN and in the morning talk to your fitness coach about it. I'm sure she can give you a scientific reason for what is going on with your body. She can review your diet and tell you what areas you are over doing on one type of food and other areas where you need to increase other types of food. On the bright side you have muscles that you have never had before in the history of FOREVER.  Don't give up. Just work harder. Make smarter choices.  Accelerate through the chaos and the doubt.  Don't tell yourself the lie that you CAN'T do this. You CAN and you WILL! 

Sunday 9/15

2 pills with water @8:30am

Meal 1 @9am

  • Tall pumpkin spice latte (Starbucks)
  • Chocolate Croissant
Meal 2 @ 12:30
  • 1 slice of cheese pizza
  • 1 glass of diet coke 
Meal 3 @2:30
  • 1 cup of Thai curry veggies (mushrooms, onions, peppers, baby corn)
  • Salad with tomatoes & cucumbers (no dressing) 
  • Approx. 1/2 cup rice noodles with chunks of tofu, chicken, & cashews 
  • 3 glasses of water cuz that was SPICY
Meal 4 @ 5:30 
  • 1 broiled chicken leg
  • 1/2 cup rice/pinto beans mix 
Meal 5@8:30
  • Glass of water
  • 1/2 cup of fruit 
I was strong enough to make it this far. I am strong enough to keep going.





No comments:

Post a Comment