Monday, September 9, 2013

Aaaand I'm back!

There was a heat wave this week. It was about 100 degrees every single day. I was useless all week. No AC in my apartment.

I couldn't eat.
I couldn't sleep.
I couldn't think.
I could barely move.

I probably drank half of the Los Angeles water reserves.

I did a pretty bad job of maintaining my food journal. I would be like "I will remember this... I don't need to write it down." Which might not be a problem if I would have blogged every night as planned.


oops....sorry 



(Note to self: It takes all of 5 seconds to jot something down on my iPhone) 

Most days I only ate twice a day. I could not even bare the thought of cooking.

Also during the heat wave I only made it to the gym twice. Both times I thought I was going to pass out or vomit because the gym was TOO HOT!


Missing Breakfasts were probably either egg whites or parfait
Missing Lunch was probably a protein shake or some sort of chicken or salad
I definitely took my supplements 30 minutes before all meals. I'm pretty good at remembering that.
So as you will see there are blank spots...



Wednesday 9/4

Breakfast?
Lunch?

Work out
35 minutes of cardio a la treadmill

2 pills with water @ 5:30
Dinner @ 6pm

  • Quinoa Burger- quinoa, heirloom tomato, avocado, almond romesco, arugula, no bun
  • Cup of mixed fruit
  • Water

Thursday 9/5
Breakfast?
Lunch?

Leg Day
15 reps. 4 sets.

  • Ham string 1 set 60 lbs, 3 sets 75 lbs
  • Calf raises 60 lbs
  • Leg ext. 1 set 60lbs, 3 sets @75lbs
  • Squats 12lbs. 
Dinner?
  • 3 oz. grilled chicken 
  • Kale salad with mixed coleslaw (not my best cooking venture) 


Friday 9/6
Breakfast?
Lunch?

2 pills with water @7pm

Dinner @7:30 pm
Met my mentor @ Le Pain Quotidien

  • TONS OF WATER
  • I can't remember what this dish was called but it had Grilled Chicken, tomatoes, mixed greens, cucumbers, and I think a little bit of mozzarella? It was served as an open face sandwich but I skipped the bread part. 

Saturday 9/7

Breakfast?
Lunch?

2 pills with water @5:30

Dinner @ 6pm
Had dinner with my vegetarian friends @ The Vegan Joint

  • Black bean burger, alfalfa sprouts, romaine lettuce, tomato, vegenaise sauce, whole wheat bun
  • 3 glasses of water

Sunday 9/8
2 pills with water @8:30

Breakfast @9am

  • 1 hardboiled egg white
  • 3 sliced apples
  • handful of grapes
  • 1oz. all natural PB 
  • Water
2 pills with water @2pm

Lunch @2:30 pm
  • 3oz. Grilled chicken
  • Mixed greens & nappa cabbage slaw
  • 1 cup mix fruit (berries & melon) 
  • Iced tea 
2 pills with water @5pm

Dinner @ 5:30
  • half a slice of veggie pizza
  • 1 cup of mixed greens 
  • water


Monday 9/9
Back on Track!

2 pills with water @Noon

Brunch @12:30

  • 1 protein pancake
  • 1 cup of coffee 
My roommate was going through a breakup...so I thought maybe this would cheer her up. It did in a way. She thought they were so disgusting, that it was funny and therefore took her mind off her woes. 

They were kinda gnarly. Tasted like egg & oatmeal chew toys. But I used all my eggs to make it so I WILL be having them for breakfast for the next few days. 

DEAL WITH IT


Gym @4pm
LEG DAY!
(15 reps, 4 sets)
  • Dumbell Squat 15lbs
  • Hamstring Curl 70lbs
  • Walking Lunges 12lbs
  • Leg Extension 2 sets @50lbs 2 sets @30lbs
  • Calf raise 60lbs
  • 20 min cardio on the treadmill
  • Bottle of water
Post-work out snack @5pm 
(Tried muscle milk lite for the first time by itself. Immediately spit it out in the sink. Decided to spruce it up). 
  • Protein shake
  • 1 scoop Muscle Milk Lite
  • 1/4 cup Yogurt
  • 1 tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup Kale
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • bunch of ice cubes
  • bLeNd
2 pills with water @8:30 pm

Dinner @9pm 
  • 3oz grilled chicken
  • 1 tbsp. Cilantro & JalapeƱo Hummus
  • 1.5 cups green beans
  • glass of water




No comments:

Post a Comment